Chenega Corporation Licensed Clinical Social Worker / Child in Maryland
CHENEGA HEALTHCARE SERVICES, LLC
Company Job Title:
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Child)
Background / NACI
Non-Exempt, Full Time,
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
Summary: TheChild Social Worker will provide individual and family therapy for children and adolescents from various and diverse backgrounds. TheChild Social Worker will implement and teach patients proper self-care to motivate patients and families in order to promote rapid healing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
Provide individual, family and group psychotherapy.
Conduct biopsychosocial evaluations and provides therapeutic interventions including crisis counseling to individuals, groups and families as needed to facilitate behavioral health clinical care management and optimize care.
· Provide social work services to children, and in making interventions within the child's psychosocial environment.
Evaluates the individual and family systems as well as assesses patient’s functioning within work, family and routines of daily living and identifies areas needing continued support, resources, and treatment in order to assist patients.
Provide screenings, clinical assessments, treatment, case management, consultation, referral and education.
· Provide treatment across a range of modalities to include Psychotherapy, play, group and family therapy with all aged children and adolescents.
- Serves as a behavioral health referral resource and subject matter expert in behavioral health-related programs to the MTF staff, medical staff in primary care clinics and other on-post medical settings.
· Work with individuals and organizations to include other hospital services, public schools, courts, the Exceptional Family Member Program, and social service agencies regarding specific case management and programmatic issues affecting children and families.
· Evaluate children from infancy through adolescence, to include conducting child and family interviews.
· Consult to medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders and school districts, as required.
· Attend and provide didactic seminars in the areas of normal growth and development, consultation-liaison and psychotherapeutic approaches to child psychopathology.
· Facilitate workshops with parents, schools, hospital staff, and other personnel who work with children and adolescents on the theory and practice of working with this population.
· Responsible for the completion of individual workload accountability in accordance with clinic, medical treatment facility and program requirements.
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
· Graduated from an Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) accredited Master of Social Work (MSW) program.
· Have a minimum of two (2) years within the past five (5) years in the independent practice of clinical social work in child, adolescent, and family therapy.
· Current unrestricted license Social Worker to work independently without clinical supervision.
- Must maintain current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers; American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Course; American Red Cross CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) for the Professional Rescuer; or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Sufficiently skilled to teach patients proper self-care and to motivate patients and family members to continue the procedures for promoting rapid healing.
· Possess skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients.
· Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the appropriate patient population served: Infants, Children, Adolescent, Adults.
· Knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders/conditions, diagnostic studies and treatments related to prevention, and detection of illnesses in adults, is desirable.
· Knowledgeable in professional care theories, principles, practices, and procedures to perform assignments of moderate difficulty and experience in assessing child and adolescent patients as appropriate.
- Must be cognizant of the issues and considerations associated with caring for special patient populations including Wounded Warriors, Member of Congress, the President and Presidential appointees, United States Government Executives with special security needs and clearances and Veterans and Service members of the United States military.
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/ Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Organization: Chenega Healthcare Services
Title: Licensed Clinical Social Worker / Child
Requisition ID: 1800001661