Chenega Corporation Heavy Equipment Mechanic in Fort Sill, Oklahoma
CHENEGA FACILITIES MANAGEMENT, LLC
Company Job Title:
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Ft. Sill, OK
Non-Exempt, Full Time, Temporary
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
· TheHeavy Equipment Mechanicperforms the full range of repair and modification work on heavy equipment and military vehicles to include but not limited to commercial, non-tactical, tactical and tracked vehicles, passenger cars, trucks, forklift trucks, warehouse tractors, large missile carrying tanks, tank retrievers, tanks, multi-wheel drive vehicles with standard or automatic transmissions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
· Perform a complete engine diagnosis on all engine systems and components.
· Replaces and adjusts tracks, road wheels, road wheel bearings, idler wheels, idler bearings, and oil seals; replaces suspension arms, torsion bars, and stabilizer bars.
· Repairs braking systems by repairing hydraulic systems, including master cylinders.
· Repairs and adjusts power and mechanical steering systems as required.
· Determines nature and extent of repairs required and performs major and minor repair on engines, power transmissions, transfers and related electrical, fuel, hydraulic, wheel, and engine assemblies.
· Uses technical manuals and other publications to identify and order repair parts.
· Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects.
· Dismantles and reassembles equipment using hoists and hand tools.
· Examines parts for damage or excessive wear, using testing equipment such as compression testers, motor analyzers, test meters, micrometers and gauges.
· Tests overhauled equipment to insure operating efficiency
· May be required to work an uncommon tour of duty including nights, week-ends, and holidays.
· Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications:(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
· High School graduate or equivalent with military or civilian training in heavy equipment maintenance.
· Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a heavy equipment mechanic, helper, or apprentice. Experience on military equipment a plus.
· Must possess and maintain a current Oklahoma Driver’s License.
· Must be able to pass a National Agency Check (NAC) for computer access.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Have a full understanding of two and four-cycle engine operation.
· Demonstrate a working knowledge of all engine systems.
· Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
· Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to do standing, climbing, bending and occasionally working in cramped and awkward positions. Employee may stand for long periods. May lift equipment weighing 25 pounds. Occasionally assists lifting and carrying equipment weighing up to 75 pounds
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The employee will work in areas where dirt, dust and grease are present. May be exposed to chemicals that could irritate and burn the skin if appropriate protective clothing and equipment are not worn. Some chance of cuts and bruises if appropriate safety methods and procedures are not followed and used. May be required to wear a respirator. May be called upon to work an uncommon tour of duty including nights, holidays and/or weekends. Expected to comply with OSHA, EPA, and State requirements, appropriate fire regulations, and published company work rules.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Organization: Chenega Facilities Management
Title: Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Location: Oklahoma-Fort Sill
Requisition ID: 1900000085